Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"There is a particular task that i would like to undertake and tell you about and that is to start and finish all the multi-day stage and as many single day races as possible that this beautiful country of ours has to offer. You may wonder why I would want to take on this outrageous fete, well I have joined an amazing charity called Operation Smile whom I will be raising funds for by doing these races, but without your help however, I will not be able to achieve this goal.

Our Mission: Operation Smile South Africa is dedicated to transforming the lives of children born with cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities.
In as little as 45 minutes, a single surgery can change a child’s life forever. The cost of this surgery plus follow up care is R5 500.
In Africa, approximately one in 750 children are born every year with cleft lip and/or cleft palate.
These facial abnormalities are usually corrected shortly after birth in areas with sufficient access to health care. However, for many children living in more rural or poorer areas, medical treatment is not available. Often children suffering from cleft lips and cleft palates cannot eat, speak, breathe or hear properly. Many are barred from attending school. Most live a life of isolation. All this can be changed in 45 minutes with a simple cleft lip surgery that ultimately alters a person’s entire life.
About Us:
Officially registered in March 2006, Operation Smile South Africa (OSSA) is the regional base for conducting medical and educational missions in rural areas across South Africa and throughout southern and central Africa. Operation Smile volunteers provide free life-changing surgery and related healthcare as well as hands-on training, lectures, and symposiums that help uplift rural healthcare and build capacity within our partner countries. Since inception, OSSA has provided over 2000 patients with new smiles.


I am just asking for a small donation towards my first race which will be in July for the Knysna Oyster Festival. I will be doing both the MTB and Road races. 2 days of hard intense racing. My aim is to do as well as I can so I can raise as much money for Op Smile as I can. the donations from you guys are specifically for me to enter the the race, travel and accommodation, however if you wish to find out how you can make a contribution towards operation as well as mine please visit their websitehttp://southafrica.operationsmile.org or contact their Regional Director for Southern Africa:anel@operationsmile.org

should you need to contact me, here is my mobile 082 8211131 or you can email me on tim@outlinedimension.co.za should you guys wish to make a donation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment