Monday, August 1, 2011

Die Burger MTB Challenge 2011

A 5am wake-up to get ready to drive through to Stellenbosch for Die Burger MTB Challenge 2011 which saw almost 500 riders get ready for the challenging 60km route. I received the new Cycle4Smiles shirts at the 11th hour but Dianie from LR Gear, who made the shirts for me, really did a great job. Thanks Dianie.

The weather was perfect for racing and we set off at 08:15 sharp. The ride was challenging but the new bike, that I had aquired on Wednesday last week, handled the terrain like a dream. Even though I rode within myself for the majority of the race I managed to beat my time by 6 min's from last year in a time of 3hrs19min and some seconds, so next year I'm almost positive that I will be able to improve on this years time.

I am still waiting for the official photo's but here are a few taken from one of my adoring fans, My Mum.






No comments:

Post a Comment